Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Books so sweet you may cry

After I had my first child, I was surprised at the intensity of emotions I felt.  I loved that tiny baby more than I even realized I could.  I felt very protective of him and fell even more in love with my partner.  As I prepare to have my second child in the next few weeks, I'm remembering the books we read when our son was little.  These titles are especially memorable to me, because I couldn't get through any of them at the time without crying.
Read to Your Bunny by Rosemary Wells












Little Gorilla by Ruth Bornstein











Everywhere Babies by Susan Meyers










Watching your children grow up is a wonderful, bittersweet experience. I try to remember to savor each day. I hope your family might enjoy reading these books together as much as we did.

******************************************************

Thanks, Sara Patalita - our Children's Librarian from the Georgetown Branch - for writing this post.

No comments: